May was an incredible reading month, to see what I read, feel free to check out my wrap up post here. I surpassed my goal of 20 books, and came SO close to hitting 1,000 followers on my bookstagram and I am really looking forward to an even more incredible reading month for June!
Below are some of the books I’m planning on, from the book clubs I’m participating in, recommendations from friends on bookstagram I ordered on Amazon, some challenges I hope to join in on, as well as reads I’ve picked up since our local bookstores have started opening back up!
1. Home Before Dark | Riley Sager – His books are always incredible psychological thrillers, and I have to say I’m beyond thrilled to be reading this one with the Ladies Get Lit Book of the Month bookclub!
2. The Flatshare | Beth O’Leary – I’m obsessed with the cover, and have heard such great things about this one, I knew it was a must read for this month!
3. The Girl Beneath the Sea | Andrew Mayne – I try really hard to pick genres across the board, and I’m constantly looking for more thrillers to throw in my pile to break it up! Really excited to continue with my beachy, summer vibe even in this category!
4. Head Over Heels | Hannah Orenstein – This cover sold me immediately, and I am so thankful to Simon & Schuster for sending me an ARC to review!
5. The Vanishing Half | Brit Bennett – release on June 2nd, I was thrilled to see this title, and even more so to support her release day on #blackouttuesday. I got this title in my June BOTM box, and am really looking forward to reading it this month!
6. A Song Below Water | Bethany C. Morrow – While I’m encouraging you to support people of color, consider grabbing this title as well, also published on June 2nd.
7. Call Your Daughter Home | Deb Spera – I’d seen this one all over bookstagram, and then my momma wanted to read it too, so I made it a must have read and ordered it from Amazon to add to my June want to reads!
8. 28 Summers | Elin Hilderbrand – I am absolutely thrilled to have received an advance reader copy of this title from Netgalley & Little, Brown & Company publishing, because summer is alllll about the beach reads!
9. The Water Keeper | Charles Martin – this one is on the #SRC2020 summer reading camp list, and I was hoping to read some male authors this month as well, so it was the perfect pick for my to be read pile!
10. Pretty Things | Janelle Brown I keep seeing this one everywhere, and knew it was a must read!
11. The View From Here | Hannah McKinnon – I follow Hannah on instagram, and was pleasantly surprised to be able to request a copy of her upcoming title on Netgalley! Love when the timing for a book you want to read turns out perfectly!
12. East Coast Girls | Kerry Kletter – My friend on bookstagram, Angie, is hosting a readathon for this month, Beach, can you read? and I am totally here for it and excited to participate! Join us, by finding more details on her instagram here!
I’m sticking with a goal of 20 books to read for the month, I’m loving how it’s keeping me going and doesn’t seem overwhelming – even when we snuck away at the end of May to head to the beach! I have plenty of ARCs and newer in hand books and library loans to keep me busy and be able to mood read as well!
What are you reading in June, share some of the ones you’re looking forward to in the comments!